Are you tired of serving the same old desserts? These fun banana bites are a cinch to make and will impress your guests. Frozen bananas give you the sensation of eating ice cream but don't leave you with all the extra calories.
- 4 bananas
- 10 ounces baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Start by slicing bananas into 1/2-inch rounds. Place in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Next, apply about a 1/2-teaspoon of peanut butter on each banana slice.
- Top one with another banana slice, making a small banana-peanut butter sandwich.
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour. This firms up the bananas, and allows for easy dipping.Right before you remove the bananas from the freezer, melt your baking chocolate in the microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds on medium power and stir. Repeat this until your chocolate is fully melted and smooth in texture.
- Remove bananas from the freezer and quickly dip each one in the melted chocolate. You need to move fast before the bananas start to defrost and become mushy. I used two forks to help dip the bananas. Place dipped bananas back onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Return to the freezer and chill for another 2 hours, or until chocolate is firm.